Hiking & climbing
What it even be a Tyrolean holiday if you didn't go up into the mountains? Whether you want a leisurely walk or are determined to conquer the summits, in the magnificent mountain world just outside the Stanglwirt's front door you'll find countless opportunities for hikes and alpine tours all year round. The region's well-signposted and perfectly maintained network of footpaths offers a huge variety of beautiful destinations. Whether you're looking for gentle walks, genuine alpine tours or adventurous walks for children with lots of places to play along the way – for example on the Moor & More circular walk – we can guarantee to put you on the right track!
Free of charge, but never for nothing
Take advantage of our free programme of walks, which changes every week, and explore the wonderful scenery around the Wilder Kaiser on a guided walk. In summer, there is also another highlight for mountain lovers – the weekly hike to the Stangl-Alm at the "Wilden Kaiser". If you want to get up high without too much effort, then with the help of the excellent network of Kitzbühel cable cars, you can be at your own summit meeting in just a few minutes. For a new culinary outlook, don't forget the many mountain huts and farms in the region too.
Conquer the Wilder Kaiser
The jagged peaks and steep cliff faces of the Wilder Kaiser have held a fascinating appeal for mountaineers since the earliest days of alpine climbing in the early 1920s.
Hans Dülfer, Hermann Buhl, Adolf Göttner, Reinhard Karl, Helmut None, Stefan Glowacz, the Huber brothers and many other sporting and climbing legends have all helped to keep alive the mystique of the Wilder Kaiser. Consequently, the "Emperor's Mountain" today is very highly rated on the climbing scene.
The call of the mountains
Come and experience the fascinating and exciting world of the Wilder Kaiser and the Kitzbühel Alps. We'll be happy to advise you on planning your own hikes and can supply you with all the right equipment. For all the information you need, please contact our concierge on: email@example.com or call +43 (0) 5358 2000 902.
Our alpine sport and climbing packages:
All our alpine sport and climbing activities can only be booked individually. Prices on request (dependent on degree of difficulty, duration, equipment required, no. of people, etc.)
For authentic and unforgettable alpine experiences in summer:
- High-ropes course
- Climbing courses
- Via ferratas
- High-alpine tours
- Alpine climbing tours
... in winter:
- Ski touring
... our qualified mountain guide Sepp Hechenberger will be happy to help (please book early). It takes just 5 minutes by car from the hotel to reach the starting point for the climbing paradise of the "Schleierwasserfall" area on the Wilder Kaiser. If you have any further questions or requests, please contact our concierge directly on: firstname.lastname@example.org or call +43 (0) 5358 2000-902
Especially in winter, having the right kit plays a major role in making your walk enjoyable and interesting, so please take note of our equipment list.
- Sturdy shoes, trekking shoes or, preferably, walking boots; (warm, waterproof boots for winter); minimum requirement for footwear: deep-tread sole, preferably high-cut, and water-resistant material
- Wind- and waterproof jacket (always take it with you!)
- Pullover (depending on the season and weather conditions)
- Always pack a change of top!
- In winter, spring and autumn: warm hat, gloves
- Small water bottle (0.3 l – 0.5 l), snack (note mountain hut opening hours)
- Sun protection: sunglasses, sun cream, sun hat or cap
- If you use any medication, please don't forget it!! (Especially if you suffer from allergies (insect bites, pollen) or diabetes or have a circulatory problem, please take the emergency medication that you may need with you!!)
And, if you wish:
- Small umbrella (often very useful)
- Walking poles (can be hired from the hotel's Sports Corner; €2/day)
- Camera, binoculars (small and light!!)
- Wristwatch, altimeter
- Miscellaneous: Tissues, etc.
For everyone walking independently:
- Hiking map, description of route, altimeter or GPS device (available from the sports shop for €12 per day)
- Charge your mobile phone!! Telephone numbers: Mountain rescue 140 European emergency number 112