Our Stanglwirt riding school
Horse-lovers can enjoy a very special experience at the Stanglwirt riding school. At Austria's first private Lipizzaner stud, there are 24 wonderful Lipizzaner horses, which you are welcome to take out on a ride. The Lipizzaner stud that has been based at the Stanglwirt since 1985 is well-known far beyond Austria and offers you a unique way of advancing your equestrian trainingon a pure-bred "horse of royalty".
Our noble Lipizzaner stud is Elisabeth Hauser's favourite hobby horse. The horse-loving youngest daughter of the hotel's owners runs the Lipizzaner stud and riding school at the Stanglwirt with great enthusiasm. She is ably assisted by her trained team under Lisa Frimberger. Enjoy all the fine features and special characteristics of the Austrian horse of royalty in first-class lessons tailored to the needs of rider and horse alike.
Give the gift of pure pleasure
General terms and conditions & information
- Please arrive at the stables 15 minutes before the start of your riding lesson.
- We are happy to give guided tours of the stables on request.
- If you are unable to take a riding lesson or horse-drawn carriage ride that you have booked, please let us know the day before (for morning sessions) or at least 4 hours before the booked time (for afternoon sessions). Otherwise we will have to charge the full price.
- The weight limit for riders on our Lipizzaner horses is 85 kg
- Riding is at your own risk, and parents are responsible for their children
- Depending on the weather, rides may be postponed or converted into group lessons – thank you for your understanding
- Children may ride our Lipizzaners from the age of 8
Stanglwirt riding school
Stanglwirt Lipizzaner stud
The Stanglwirt riding school, co-located with one of Austria's first private Lipizzaner studs, is in an idyllic location at the foot of the Wilder Kaiser and offers...
Explore our media library & experience unique views up close.More videos