Horse riding Resort in Austria
Horse-lovers can enjoy a very special experience at the Stanglwirt riding school. At Austria's first private Lipizzaner stud, there are 24 wonderful Lipizzaner horses, which you are welcome to take out on a ride. The Lipizzaner stud that has been based at the Stanglwirt since 1985 is well-known far beyond Austria and offers you a unique way of advancing your equestrian trainingon a pure-bred "horse of royalty".
Fotocredit: Christiane Slawik
Our noble Lipizzaner stud is Elisabeth Hauser's favourite hobby. The horse-loving youngest daughter of the hotel's owners runs the Lipizzaner stud and riding school at the Stanglwirt with great enthusiasm. She is ably assisted by her trained team under Lisa Frimberger. Enjoy all the fine features and special characteristics of the Austrian horse of royalty in first-class lessons tailored to the needs of rider and horse alike.
General conditions & information
- Beginning of the riding session: Please arrive at the stables 20 minutes before the riding lesson is due to start so that you can prepare your horse for the lesson.
- Cancelation: If you are unable to make your reservation, please inform us at least 24 hours beforehand. We reserve the right to charge the full price for cancellations made with less than 24 hours’ notice.
- Maximum weight: Riders must weigh 85 kg or less to ride our Lipizzaner horses.
- Age limit: Children from the age of 8 may ride our Lipizzaners. Offers for our smallest horse lovers can be found in the offers overview.
- Please note: Riding and handling your horse before, during and after the lesson is undertaken at your own risk. Parents are responsible for their children.
- Deviations: As we work with animals and want to meet the needs of both the rider and the horse, the length of the lesson may vary. This can also be affected by the preparation time between individual sessions. Thank you for your understanding.
- Book in advance: kindly ask that you make your booking as soon as possible so that we are able to make every effort to meet your reservation request.
- Prices: All prices are for Stangl guests only. Non-Stangl guests are charged a fee of € 5. 00 per unit (carriage rides & special offers)