Stanglwirt's green values
When it comes to luxury and comfort, nothing is left to chance at the Stanglwirt. Every alteration, extension and new building project is carried out in accordance with the Stanglwirt's eco-friendly ethos and meets the highest sustainability standards. Instead of steel ceilings, for instance, we only use wooden ceilings. All the timber bricks are retained with lime mortar and not cement, we only use solid wood furniture and every sleeping area is protected against the influence of electromagnetic fields.
In parallel with building ecologically to a high standard, which is what makes the Stanglwirt an eco-hotel, we also aspire to ultimate quality in our food, getting the bulk of all our foodstuffs from our own eco-farm which covers more than 100 hectares. The size of the hotel makes it impossible to produce everything we need ourselves, of course, and we put our trust in a number of regional, quality partners. Most of our fresh meat and meat products, fish, milk products and bread come from our own in-house production.
- Solid wood furniture only
- Sleeping areas without electromagnetic fields
- The mattresses on all the beds are filled with horsehair and sheep's wool ("the green bed" of Willi Dungl)
- The bed linen, upholstery fabrics and towels are made of pure cotton and linen
- Pure new wool carpets
- Eco-friendly straw core loungers
- The timber bricks are retained with lime mortar and not cement
- We only use wooden ceilings instead of steel ones
- Our own biomass heating plant provides the heat for the entire complex (bark is obtained from local sawmills)
- 100% CO2-free green electricity from small Tyrolean hydropower plants (Ökoenergie Tirol GmbH)
- Heat pumps are used to extract energy from the hotel's own Kaiser spring water
- Most of our foodstuffs are produced in-house (fresh meat, meat products, fish, milk products, bread)
- Mainly regional suppliers
- Use of biological agents for daily cleaning
- An intensive cooperation with the prestigious international environmental organisation WWF and a "Green Group" in the hotel ensure that a sustainable approach is taken to day-to-day activities.
- All the water is taken from the hotel's own Stanglwirt Kaiser spring (water experts and hygiene scientists confirm the special quality of the water)
- Conscientious separation of waste